Friday, September 26, 2008

Financial Crisis brings about good things, too...

I could write a hundred blog posts about certain types of advertising that drive me absolutely bonkers.  One of them is Washington Mutual bank's advertising slogan.  You all have heard and/or seen their f&%$@ing stupid commercials where some assclown goes "woo hoo!"  I want to put a fist through a wall just thinking about how stupid it is right now.  YOU ARE A FUCKING BANK.  If I'm entrusting someone to care for my money (not that I have any), I sure as hell am not going to give it to some clowns who's tagline is "woo hoo".  That is why you are bankrupt.  Well, I'm sure there are other reasons.  But, maybe if you took the idea of caring for people's money a little more seriously instead of going "woo hoo" twenty fucking times in your commercials, you'd still be in business.    Now I shall rejoice, as I will never have to hear some turd burglar say "woo hoo" on the radio 500 times a day.  Unless I'm listening to Song 2.  In which case, I will rock out.  

2 comments:

Mike Atari said...

maybe they should have incorporated 'song 2' into their commercials. like:

i got my bank check.
it was a jumbo check.
it was so easy.
it always it-t is.

woo hoo
when i go washington mutual
woo hoo
and i'm paying all my bills
woo hoo
when i'm earning real interest
all of the time i'm always reminded why i need you
pleased doing business with you

they should have totally hired me.

Graber said...

http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1831974