Friday, February 29, 2008

Classic Pictures I

OK, I gotta bump down that last post because that picture of my poor Honda is just too depressing. Here's a classic picture from 2003:

This is my good friend, Peter Shea. Pete's a real fun guy, and by that, I mean he's a mushroom. But seriously, the kid is a legend. Here he is standing over some passed-out hipster douchebag at an old 56 Wyckoff party. I mean, look at this hipster scum: he's got a gold blazer on, sunglasses at night, and some sort of sash. 2003 was a good year for hipsters, they seemed to be popping up on every streetcorner, infesting parties like some demon spawn of cockroach. This one is kind of a Jim Morrison hipster, but obviously can't drink like Morrison, and definitely was not fun to hang out with. Then you have Pete Shea, the real fucking deal, standing over this doucebag in glorius triumph. You can't out-party Pete. Even if Pete has some slight hipster tendencies (Pete will acknowledge this), he is too bad-ass to be considered an actual hipster.

I like to think of this as some version of that photo of Muhammed Ali standing over Sonny Liston, like Pete has just knocked out the epitome of hipster douchy-ness in a victory for all those who despise it. Peter Shea: The Greatest.

No comments: