Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're nothing but the nerds they say we are...

You know you're an early 90's computer nerd [and had no life] when:

- You start getting nostalgic for Windows 3.1
(not as nerdy as the guy who wrote a wikipedia entry about it)

- You start getting nostalgic about Windows 3.1 color schemes

- You miss playing Gorillas and Nibbles for MS-DOS 5.0

- You think the glory days of online gaming involved Tele-Arena

- You remember how exciting it was the day 5600 baud modems came out (or 19.2, for that matter)

- Leisure Suit Larry and X-Wing for CD-ROM!!!!! (talk about nostalgia: a September release is planned for Leisure Suit Larry on PS3???!!!)


Oh, the memories...

5 comments:

Don said...

oh god, leisure suit larry... i feel dirty just thinking about it.

sweet list.

Hardtail For Life said...

I was really confused when Windows 3.1 came out...I was an MS-Dos baby due to an engineer for a father.

Anonymous said...

eric,

I didn't know you were into Gorillas and Nibbles too. Or Sierra Games for that matter! Aaron!

xLyzx said...

My brother had Leisure Suit Larry (possibly even 2 and 3) when he was like 13 or so... my parents must not have known what it was. I used to watch him play and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Then I tried to play and couldn't seem to rack up the same amount of points as him or really get very far at all.

Oh btw this was when I was like 8 or 9 years old.

The point is, I have waited my whole life to go back and dominate the game. I must find someone with a PS3.

Ricky G said...

fyi- artie lange voices a character in the PS3 version of Leisure Suit Larry

and come on, no mention of MicroProse? ...arguably the best producer of computer games in the DOS era.[moves index finger toward bridge of nose to adjust glasses that are no longer there]

anyone who feels like reliving the glory days of computer games, get yourself a dos emulator and visit, http://www.the-underdogs.info/

any game from back in the day that you ever loved, they have, Free