Tuesday, June 3, 2008

List of Stupid Things People Have Said Whilst I DJ

I really need to start keeping a list of of the stupid things people say to me when I'm DJ'ing. Let's start from this past Saturday.

Date: 5/31
Event: Graduation party, Jersey shore area
What was said:
D-bag: "Yeah, you the DJ? These your CD's?"
Me: "Yessir."
D-bag: "Ok, you think you can play something a little more upbeat? We're about to slit our wrists back here."
Why this is funny:
The song that was playing at the time was Louis Prima's "Jump, Jive 'n Wail". I'm having a hard time picturing despondent goth/emo kids sitting at home, listening to Louis Prima and contemplating suicide.

1 comment:

Graber said...

i should keep a list of the shit people call into the radio station and say.

my favorite is in the middle of a solid 40 minute music block we'll get an unsolicited call:
"hi am I caller 10?"
"caller 10 for what?"
"for eagles tickets"
"what station are you listening to?"

this happens way too often.